This one is a chicken casserole that came out quite delicious I might add. It’s as in my opinion like all casseroles, not the prettiest to photograph, but sometimes the way it looks is not that important when it tastes this amazing.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 5-6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup light miracle whip
- 1 cup 2% shredded cheese
- 1 can cream of poblano (or sub cream of chicken) soup
- 2 cups cooked high protein pasta (I used Banza Chick pea Pasta) but you can omit that if you like
- fried onions for crunch
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a small casserole dish it with non stick butter spray.
- Boil chicken breast and cut it into cubes.
- 5-6 slices of bacon, cook until crisp and crumbled it. (You want about 1/2 cup of crumbled bacon)
- Mix light sour cream, light miracle whip and can of fat free cream of chicken/poblano with 2% shredded mexican blend cheese.
- Add your cooked pasta and chicken and mix well.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes then top with the fried onions for crunch and return to oven for additional 5 minutes.
This makes about 8 bariatric sized servings. All depends on the size of your pouch. I consider myself to have a pouch of steel. I can eat a lot during one sitting. Sometimes it depends on what types of food it is. But comparing myself to other post ops, I believe I can eat more than most.
As always, if you enjoy these recipes I post, please feel free to leave your comments, share via facebook or instagram and don’t forget to pin them on pinterest!