Growing up in Europe, Nutella
was a stable that I grew up with. Nutella smeared on a Rustic bread for an afternoon snack, on a German pancake for breakfast. Nutella inside of a warm croissant, hmm Nutella on everything. So when I decided to have surgery and loose weight, Nutella was out of the question for me, because of the high sugar content. It would surely cause me to dump.
I found something that still can taste like Nutella but has all the protein I need and no sugar.
I came across the Nutella flavored protein shake in one of my favorite books, called “The Bariatric Foodie Guide to perfect Protein Shakes” by Nikki Massie.
Seriously, If you are into protein shakes, no matter if you are a Bariatric patient or not, this is a great book, with different variations of shakes from thin to thick to triple thick. How to fix your shake problems and even how to create protein shake ice creams!
so here is the link to the shake I have mentioned:
Nik’s Nutella Protein Shake
Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Shake
- 8 oz. skim milk (I like Mootopia, lactose free fat free milk with 12g of protein per 8oz!)
- 1 scoop chocolate whey (I used EAS light)
- 1 tbsp dry sugar-free, fat free chocolate pudding mix (I used the Walmart version, 1 pack is 8 TBSP)
- 1 tsp good instant decaf coffee (I used Folgers here)
- 4-5 pumps sugar-free hazelnut syrup
- Put it all in a blender and whiz. If you like yours slushy like a milkshake, add a couple of cubes of ice and blend again. I added some Sugar Free hot fudge sauce and if I had some..... I would have topped it with some Fat free whipped topping...