This recipe of mine made it into the Bariatric Foodie PWMF 2015 contest cookbook.
Gypsy Sauce with Turkey Meatballs
- 2 medium sliced onions
- Olive Oil (for sautéing)
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, diced
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp. ground paprika
- 1 cup vegetable broth or bone broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Homemade or store-bought low fat Turkey meatballs
- homemade or store-bought cauliflower rice.
- Heat oil and sauté the onions, garlic, sliced peppers, and tomatoes until glassy and soft.
- Add tomato paste, seasonings and vegetable broth.
- Stir very well; cook at medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the Turkey meatballs to sauce until fully heated through.
- Serve over a bed of cauliflower rice.