I am always looking for quick and easy recipes, that are tasty, and of course Bari friendly.
- 2 lbs chicken breast (I use frozen straight out of the freezer)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp cut in cubes (I am using non fat)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 package Ranch Dressing Mix (dry mix, you could also use a Italian dressing mix to change up the flavor!)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled for garnish(you can omit this if you are worried about the fat content, but it is just 4 slices for the entire meal)
- 1 12oz bag Fire Roasted corn blend with peppers and onions
- Lay the chicken in the crock pot.
- Pour in the chicken broth.
- Sprinkle on the ranch dressing mix powder.
- Top with cubes of cream cheese.
- Cook on high 4 hours. or low for 6-8 hours
- In the last 30-45 minutes of cooking add the bag of vegetables and continue to heat thoroughly
- Remove chicken from sauce and shred.
- Pour sauce over chicken and top with bacon crumbles.
I serve this to my family with either baked fries or pasta. For myself I either use Zoodles or brown rice pasta. You could add any kind of vegetable to this, frozen or fresh or canned to add some extra vegetables into your diet. (sneak in some dehydrated vegetables that you pulverized after drying and no one would even know!)