This recipe of mine made it into the Bariatric Foodie PWMF 2015 contest cookbook.
Sugar-Free No-Bake Baklava
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped walnuts or pecans (measured after chopping)
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 45 pre-made mini fillo cups
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup Splenda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar-free honey
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Make the sauce first, to allow time for it to cool.
- In a small saucepan combine water, Splenda, vanilla, lemon juice, sf maple
- syrup, and sf honey. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir cornstarch into 2 teaspoons water until dissolved. Stir into honey mixture
- and boil for 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Toss finely chopped nuts with Splenda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Thaw fillo cups. Fill cups with the nuts, Splenda and cinnamon mix and top
- with the syrup.
- Makes 45 pieces.