Since Hubby and I like cruising so much,
we got really attached to Carnival’s Pizza Pirate Pizza!
our most favorite pizza is the Quattro Formaggi followed by the plain Pepperoni.
So we decided to give it a try and make our own to hold us over while we are not able to cruise. Since we cannot figure out the exact recipe for the Quattro Formaggi we went with the plain Pepperoni, it came out great, not exactly like the Carnival Pizza but it comes pretty darn close for not having a pizza oven that can heat to 700 degrees!
Thin Crust Pizza using “00” flour
for the dough:
- 1 kg of Anna Napolentana Extra Fine Flour "00"
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 package instant dry yeast
- 1/4 cup Spaghetti sauce
- 13 slices of Turkey Pepperoni
- 1 oz shredded Asiago
- 1 oz low skim shredded mozzarella
- In a large measuring cup, combine salt, sugar and water.
- In a larger mixing bowl, add flour and form a well, then add yeast until it dissolves.
- Using a fork slowly mix the water with the dough.
- Place the dough onto a flat surface and knead until it is smooth and elastic; about 5-7 minutes.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on the bottom of the bowl to prevent dough from sticking.
- Place dough into bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let sit for about 15 minutes to rise.
- Cut, and shape into 8 dough balls, and place into separate containers and let sit for an additional 30 minutes before rolling out and baking.
- Top rolled out dough with your topping and bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes.
If you have any dough balls left over that are not being used right away, wrap them in plastic wrap, place in freezer bag and store in freezer.